Saturday, January 13, 2007

FISH CURRY

Look at this delicious fish curry - cooked in half an hour flat. Long beans, carrots & brinjals and lovely firm fresh mackerel steaks in light coconut milk.



I must admit I did not cook this from scratch - but simply opened a packet of A1 fish curry paste - this is available in most supermarkets and is simply one of the best currypastes I have tasted (their meat paste is superb too).


Just put the paste in a saucepan, it's been precooked so just fry a minute or two, add coconut milk & water until you have a sauce with the consistency you like. Add vegetables (I simmered the brinjals for the longest time as I like them tender), add fish last and simmer gently till just cooked. Serve with rice.


It contains visible pieces of lemon grass, ginger, cloves and has a lovely tamarind taste. The fish is from Utama Grand and was incredibly fresh.

2 comments:

thrumyeyes said...

wah! fish n curry...i'm drooling. my other fav dish is chicken kurma.

Eleanor said...

Hi H - and it's so easy to make too. Thanks for dropping by.E.