Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunday, 14th Jan 2007

In case any of you was getting bored with the usual meat, noodles, chicken, curries, etc, posts, I thought I should feature a fruit today. And how aptly it should be the durian, er King of Fruits, which is featured here...

So here it is in its thorny glory - unopened. We bought these from KL on Saturday and were told they were ripened on the branch and had fallen from the tree the day before.



P split them open with a cleaver and a pair of workmen gloves. There were about 4 neat plump rows of meaty fruit in a segment.



The pungent, sweet, cloying, bitterish, smell almost knocked me off my chair.


I have not had a single piece of durian in my entire life. It's not that I don't like them but I think I have not actually learned to eat the fruit nor acquired the taste for it. In the meantime, I prefer to admire from afar.
P & Wm ate one durian between the two of them. Wm said it was very 'creamy'...

No comments: