Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sunday, 31st Dec 2006

The salad and the dessert.
We made a very simple green salad of iceberg, cucumber, crispy red peppers and cherry tomatoes.



Here's Hazel helping.



UR brought us an apple strudel which someone had hand carried and given him from Perth, from Corica.


It was good - lovely fluffy pastry, with a light but rich custard sauce and sweet apples. Whoops - looks like the strudel was slightly damaged in transit.



Whew, I think this just about concludes our annual New Year's Eve BBQ for 2006! Every year, I always say, ok this will be the last turkey/bbq - next year we're going out to eat and every November I find myself ordering the turkey and planning the menu....

Here are my kids looking knackered. No crazy contest this year as Mum was too busy to help think of costumes. They always have their own little bbq every year and at the end of the evening, are allowed to burn leaves, limes, twigs, etc on the bbq.

No comments: