Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sunday, 31st Dec 2006

The chicken

At 5 pm, Dom came downstairs and said, "Er, Mum, can L come and I think D & T are coming too". I peeped into Wm's mind and this is what i think she said, "FOUR boys - all 16/17 years old - BIG appetites". There might be some screams too but let's not go there.

They both immediately took off to HH to buy more chicken while I continued lying on the couch with a glass of chilled Moet in my hand, mentally going through the sequence of how I will cook the food tonight, and drawing a salmon with instructions about the head, body, tail, cutlets, etc.

KF was assigned the task of sending the salmon to Excapade for slicing and I wanted to be sure he came back with all the parts cut exactly the way I wanted them to be, hence the detailed drawing and instructions.

Wm did this - wings marinated in oyster sauce and a seasoning Mum brought back from Canada, which Wm brought back from HK.



2 kgs of whole legs - marinated in crushed whole garlic cloves, soy & oyster sauce, s & p, Chinese cooking wine & sesame oil.

On the BBQ.



Another shot.

On the table.
The rain came down as I was finishing the second batch of chicken, so I retreated to safety of the living room to the welcome sight of my glass of red wine - I wasn't so thrilled with my looks at that stage - frizzed up hair, red face from the heat and the lovely smell of charcoal and food clinging to every pore.

2 comments:

Aunidayini Hisyamuddin said...

BBQed chicken wings!! I am drooling here just by looking at them :)

Eleanor said...

Hi A,I love BBQ chicken wings - with lovely crispy skin and tender juicy well marinated meat..... Thanks for dropping by.E.