Saturday, January 06, 2007

Thursday, 4th Jan 2007

Kiddies Lunch.

Today I want to introduce a firm family favourite which I used to eat when I was a kiddie and which my kids have been eating since they were able to eat solids.

Steamed Egg with Meat



It's really very easy and quite effortless - mince some chicken and marinate lightly with salt, pepper, light soy, sesame oil and touch of sugar. Leave in fridge for an hour or so. Fry with bit of garlic/shallot till light brown - remove and put into a heatproof bowl. Beat 3 eggs, add same amount of water, season very very lightly. Stir to combine the eggs and meat. Steam for approx 20 minutes.

Remove from heat - drizzle a few drops of dark soy over the top. Top with crunchy fried shallots.

Mark loves shallots and Hazel refuses to eat them hence the half way mark on the egg.

A quick delicious meal which I think all children love.

For you and your kids - mamalobs and ZT.

2 comments:

Vixennova said...

I'lll definitely try this.. wow.. ur a master!

Eleanor said...

Hi ZT - thank yous - *bows*.. Luv,E.