Friday, March 23, 2007

Tues, 22nd Mar 2007

I have also prepared a stock using chicken bones, onions, carrots, turkey giblets & neck, whole peppercorns, a bay leaf and a light dash of mixed herbs. It's wonderfully clear the way I want it to be and later I will remove the solidified fats from the top and slowly reduce it. This will be the base for my turkey gravy.

The turkey neck and giblets have already imparted a wonderful light gamey flavour to the stock and with the addition of pan juices later, this will turn into a delicious gravy for the Roast Turkey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm incredibly honoured to be able to partake of this wondeful dinner later. All that loving hard work put into this dinner prep... Food can only taste this good when it's cooked lovingly by the chef.

Eleanor said...

Helloooooo M - see you later, nice and hungry k! Luv,E/ym.