Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sat, 31st Mar 2007

Sneak peek into the Girls' Birthday Bash
to be held on
Sat, 31st Mar 2007.....
Escargots in Garlic Parsley Butter
or
Served with Toasted Wholemeal Baguette

Advance wishes to the birthday babes;
Wm, J & M
Note: I've never done escargots before so I hope it'll be good.
The tin has an expiry date of 2010.
Does anyone know where I can buy escargot shells from in Brunei?
I have tried Guan Hock Lee but they had sold out.
My tin of snails were from GHL - I had a peek into their freezers and they had Alaska Crab Legs, Scallops, Cod and many more. I picked a small slab of tuna which I will turn into 'Seared Tuna with Sesame & Black Pepper Crust'
Served with a Light Soy Wasabi Dressing

4 comments:

D said...

Do tell us if you liked the canned escargots, I tend to find the canned variety slightly too soft, I normally get the frozen ones. Love the bacon strips on the turkey!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! :-) This is a wonderrrrful birthday present.

Eleanor said...

Hi DBS - I chose the canned variety so I can make my own garlic/parsley butter - the frozen ones were packed in a pale green butter which I didn't find very appealing. I'll definitely report results post-Saturday and I'm really excited about cooking this!

The bacon strips imparted quite a lovely flavour to the turkey and I think it helped keep the bird moist too during the long cooking time. I cut the bacon into small strips and served them with the turkey. E.

Eleanor said...

Heya M & birthday gals
Look out for 'THE' surprise on Sat! hahahahaha (when I hax5, you know I mean it)!!!! :)