Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sun, 25th Feb 2007

We went to Capers for lunch today. They still had their 'Eat all you can' promo which is at $6 per child and $12.80 per adult. Hazel & Mark both had their usual Fettucine Carbonara, and they shared a small pizza between the two of them.
After a very very long debate with myself, I decided to have their set lunch at $6.50 per head and I chose Penne with Beef Bacon, served with Caesar Salad and a soft drink. I asked for sparkling apple juice which Hazel wanted.

I must say I didn't like my pasta much as I thought the sauce was too sweet, but this is purely a personal preference as I do not like sweet sauces on savoury dishes. The Caesar Salad was good - the mixed lettuce was crispy and cold (and Cos would have been better) and it came with the very important ingredients of a good Caesar Salad; anchovies, croutons, chopped beef bacon and shaved parmesan. Dressing was a very simple lemon juice and olive oil combination (add some mashed garlic, dijon mustard, salt and black pepper and the dressing would be magic). I would have liked it if they had served the salad on a separate plate which I promptly did as soon as the plate was served.

I think Capers serves pretty good food (their Carbonara was lovely) and their staff are always very polite and pleasant. Ambience is terrific with their tall glass windows which you can look out of, at the busy Kiulap junction. Their prices are insanely cheap too without too much sacrifice on quality & portion control. It's one of the children's favourite places to eat at and I like it too, for the location and ambience.

No comments: