Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thurs, 1st March 2007

Breakfast - I had 2 helpings of this, and a small mushroom omelette wth 2 glasses of juice. There was a nice selection of food; smoked salmon, cheese board, congee, noodles, cereal, breads, Japanese selection and local favourites.



Lunch - popped downstairs with the girls. This 'Italian' restaurant is located on the ground floor, tucked behind the fountains and frequented by the business types who work in the buildings around it. This was the speciality of the day, something called 'Monteray Chicken - Grilled chicken with beef bacon and cheese and BBQ Sauce, served with salad and chips. I really cannot stomach food like this - mass produced and pre-cooked ages and ages ago, from processed sauces, chucked into the microwave to re-heat and served. The chicken had that faint freezer taste and was so bland - the BBQ sauce was something straight out of a low quality bottle, with too much artificial flavourings and sugar. Well you can't go much wrong with the shredded red and white cabbage & carrots, and the chips were ok - at least they were hot and salty. I left most of my food.


I was saved from finishing my lunch by this distraction. The pair of lions put up a good show for the lunch crowd.


Dinner - Spicy Imperial Hot and Sour Soup with Seafood, a speciality dish from their signature Cantonese restaurant. Was it good? So so, tart - can't put my finger to it now but something was missing. The ice bucket contained extra ice to chill my bottle of wine.


I think I will have something else to eat later.

2 comments:

D said...

I had a peek at the room service menu. 9oz is the heaviest cut they have from the grill?! That's almost sacrilegious haha. I'm sure it was the bone-in, raw weight as well. Anything less then 12oz shouldn't be on the menu =P

Eleanor said...

Hi DBS, I had the grilled tenderloin - pics soon. Brgds,E.