Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sat, 31st March 2007

This was one of the starters I made, the other being the escargots which I will come back to later.



The tuna was marinated in salt, pepper & light soy for 15 mins. I coated a piece in cracked black pepper and the other in toasted sesame seeds and deep fried them for 5 minutes. They could have had less cooking time for a rarer meat but as this was the first time, I was cooking this, I was slightly apprehensive that it might be 'fishy' with a shorter cooking time. Next time, I will definitely give it a shorter cooking time as it was great with no fishy taste.



Here they are, resting, before being sliced.


On the dining table. I drizzle a few drops of sushi soy sauce and a nice dollop of wasabi on each piece. I think this was very popular with the girls as we cleaned the plate.

2 comments:

Katie-Ella said...

drool drool...
and your presentation is fantastic too.

Eleanor said...

Hi KE, and it's so easy to make too. Hardly any effort at all. Best rgds,E. p.s. TQ