Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sat, 21st Apr 2007

I had lunch at Z's house today.




Here's their cat sunning himself on the window sill.


We had her mum's famous mee siam with all the condiments - hardboiled eggs, chives, fried tofu cubes, prawn sambal, lime and the delicious bean paste gravy......



We also had beef rendang, daging masak kicap/chillies/onions, nasi beryani, acar, lentil curry and chicken wings.



Here is the lunch table with food for 3 (her mum joined us later, we were still eating when she finished).



After lunch we sat down and had several slices each of this rich butter cake (I was given a box to take home - thank you!). Z had a massive mug of coffee while I had tea.......

and I ask myself why I have put on more weight lately?.... :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's Z? Can I bring her mom here to cook those DELICIOUS mee siam!!! Yum!

Katie-Ella said...

I wish I had friends like that! Oh that food looks so delicious.

Eleanor said...

S & KE, Z's mum is a fabulous cook, I thought I was getting just mee siam but look at that spread she had laid out. Little wonder we spent more than an hour at the lunch table...