Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thurs, 15th Feb 2007

Today I cooked Ginger Chicken for my kids before I went to work. This is a very easy dish which they love (yes, my kids eat ginger too) and it has lots of tasty gravy for a nice steaming plate of rice.

First brown some shallots, garlic and ginger in a pan.



Add chicken (I deboned a chicken last night and cubed the meat (except the wing which I cut into 2 pieces/per joint - it just makes it easier to eat for me kids). Stir on high heat.



Add a pinch of salt, some oyster sauce and dark soy. Add half a cup of water. Simmer gently till gravy is thick is syrupy (it will because of the shallots & garlic).



Once cooked, I divided them into lunch and dinner portions. Here they are. You can't really see it but the gravy is thick, glossy and has a nice thin shiny sheen of oil on the top. I've covered and popped them into the fridge.



All the helper has to do later is prepare the vegs, heat up chicken in microwave and lunch is served as soon as my kids are back from school.
Ok, I'm going to work now.

No comments: