Friday, February 02, 2007

Fri, 2nd Feb 2007

So Mark asked for Fish & Chips again today and I fried up another batch for his lunch.



I don't think we need to go to restaurants to eat fish and chips from now on - you can never be too sure of their fish and the portions are usually too small for between $12 to $18 per serving.



I think the afternoon sun gave the batter a nice glow....

And tonight as well.



DBS, I fried the chips this time and on the second frying, overdid them and they became too brown to be photographed! (the little bits are fried garlic which I had earlier removed from the chip pan - I was hoping to scatter them over the chips but well, it didn't quite work out that way!)

2 comments:

D said...

Oh no, sorry to hear about how your chips turned out, not the best. I'm glad to read that you do the 2-stage fry method to get a crisp chip though. Maybe you can sacrifice one chip first in the second fry to test the oil temperature? Do you use a wok to fry your chips or a deep-fryer? Most deep-fryers have temperature controls.

Eleanor said...

Hi DBS - I should have done that! -and I used my trusty wok. I will get it right soon.. E. :P