Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sat, 3rd Feb 2007

Glimpses of our short weekend at the Empire.
Children's favourites:

No. 1 - The Beach


No. 2 - The Jacuzzi / Pool



No. 3 - The Bathtub


No. 4 - Room Service

Thick meaty juicy burger with mushroom sauce served on the side.


No. 5 - No homework and watching TV from a comfy bed.


No. 6 - Doughnuts for breakfast.

No. 7 - Building Sandcastles


No. 8 - Feeding the resident turtle.


No. 9 - Chips


The highlights of the weekend for me?
3 lazy hours in the shade catching up with magazines
and planning my menu.


And the delicious spicy nasi lemak with chicken rendang and crispy fried anchovies.

And the lovely lemongrass scented toiletries.

4 comments:

D said...

Gosh, that burger at the top looks so good. I could do with a juicy medium rare burger right now...

Eleanor said...

Hi DBS - yes, it was pretty good but it came medium well, the mushroom sauce was good - made from 'real' mushrooms and a beefy jus.

Katie-Ella said...

nasi lemak...drool...drool..I think it's been 6 years since I've had nasi lemak. I'm still on a mission to find a "good" Singaporean/Malaysian restaurant in London.

Eleanor said...

Hi KE, nasi lemak is one of my favouritest food, I love the fragrant coconut rice, and the perfect combination of all the other ingredients.... Found this on the net www.satay-house.co.uk have you tried it? Seems they have a fine longstanding history, with fantastic reviews - their menu looks excellent and nasi lemak is featured on it. Do let me know if you do go.