Sunday, February 25, 2007

Friday, 23rd Feb 2007

Here's Friday's lasagna when it came out of the oven.


The topping was just nicely browned and the parmesan cheese gave it another depth of flavour.


Inside, you can see the still pretty well-defined layers,



and the white sauce gave great balance to the tasty meat sauce, chunky with carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes and simply bursting with flavours.



Here's Mark enjoying his lunch.



And Hazel's dinner portion, which is slightly splattery as I heated it up in the microwave.



And one last pic:


I hope all of you enjoyed this lasagna post as much as my kids enjoyed eating it (and as much as I enjoyed making it)! Have a lovely lazy Sunday.

2 comments:

D said...

Lovely lasagne Eleanor. I appreciate the addition of fresh mushrooms in this but I'll probably use baby portobellos because of their stronger flavor. I'll also probaby do it sans the carrots because I'm not too fond of cooked carrots. Looks great nevertheless!

Eleanor said...

Hello DBS - welcome back from your travels. Portobellos - rarely seen in supermarkets here... Good suggestion however, will bear that in mind next time. I find that lasagna is a good way to disguise vegs (onions, tomatoes, mushrooms & carrots) for my daughter who needs a bit of persuasion in this area. She wolfed her portion down without her standard protest of "But Mum, I don't like (insert name of vegetable)"!