Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sunday, 6th August 2006

Mark & I woke early and went to 2 boot sales. One was at the Supa Save Mata2 carpark and the other at Kg Manggis Satu. I spent $6 and ended up with 2 tops for myself and a t-shirt for Hazel. One was a Topshop top with super flare sleeves which I just managed to squeeze into and the other was a plain white linen top with white embroidery from South China Sea Weekenders. Hazel's t-shirt had 'Super Girl' emblazoned on the front in metallic blue and silver. Very nice.

After the boot sale, we went to the famous Seria fried kueh teow shop in Gadong - its name escapes me now, and this was my breakfast. It was delicious and it goes so well with the thick black sweet soy sauce and 'local' chilli sauce. Mark hoovered down 2 plates!

Pic 1 - My plate
Pic 2 - Mark with his second plate (his first did not have the egg)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chim Niang Hong? Fong? Something along those lines? God I'm so jealous. I don't blame Mark for managing two plates of the stuff, it looks so good. And so does that nasi lemak...mmmmm, bring it on, calories and all =D

And as for the roast chicken in the post after this, hmmph. You can tell I've been away from home too long when I start drooling at pictures of your food...even the simple vegetable soup with the small fish in your other post...sigh. Doesn't it have salty egg in it too?

Speaking of car boot sales, wish I could find a cheap piratey looking top; I've got a housewarming to go to and it's got a pirate/zombie/ninja/space (anything) theme (and you can't get a theme more all-encompassing or cooler than that!). Your Mango top I borrowed for Halloween at the Sheraton would be perfect, but I think it's still languishing in my closet at home somewhere...damn.

Eleanor said...

Hi sil. no its the other one across the road from chin nam hong overlooking the river. Yeah sometimes we add the salty egg into that kind of soup but I added egg egg.

You could go in a top made out of foil and a metal colander on your head and this will fall right into the space theme? hehe