Monday, May 08, 2006

Sunday, 7th May 2006 - Part II

I (or blogger) seem to have 'lost' my earlier post.... So here it goes again.

After the carboot sale, M & I went to a food fair held at the church compound near my home. What a fantastic spread of food - kolomee, fried kueh teow, fried bananas, waffles, spring rolls, sandwiches, cakes, and food from India, Philippines, Malaysia and more.

I bought Singapore laksa from this stall - it was absolutely delicious, the coconut gravy was perfectly spiced and enhanced by a huge dollop of sambal belachan with lime. The noodles had a piece of egg omelette, a fish ball and a prawn on them.

Here are two pics:



Lovely laksa served straight out of its plastic tub.







Clockwise

1 - A cup of green tea and pineapple biscuits after my laksa
2 - Pork satay Philippine style - It smelt delicious but a closer inspection showed that there were more cubes of lard than meat so I made a hasty departure!!
3 - A wok with fried bananas
4 - Spring rolls & fried bananas
5 - Authentic Indian roti or murtabak - they were sold with beef or chicken curry
6 - Kuehs

No comments: