Monday, May 08, 2006

Sunday, 7th May 2006 - Part I

Woke very early on Sunday morning and was doing what I do best at, i.e. chasing bargains, at a Car Boot Sale held at an open air carpark about 5 minutes from my home by 7.30 am. I was thoroughly prepared with a hat, sunglasses, umbrella & 60 spf sunblock. M came with me and H was still asleep when we left at 7.15 am.

Our loot:

1. 15 Archie comics (some double digest) at $15.00
2. 2 Laura Ashley (originals & hardly worn) dresses and 1 Mothercare dress for H at $28 for all.
3. 3 juggly balls for 50 cents
4. Hungry Hippos game for 50 cents
5. Magic wand that makes a strange noise when you turn it for 50 cents
6. A box of freshly baked pineapple cookies for $3.50
7. Tara Road by Maeve Binchy for 25 cents
8. How to draw monsters hardcover book for 25 cents
9. 4 other lovely books for $1.00

I'm happy!!!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of the dresses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to markets (which included secondhand goods stalls as well as fruit and vegies and all sorts of nicnacs) on the weekend too. I bought a few books and a 96 disc cd wallet. We got some beautifully fresk bok choy, some huge field mushrooms for really cheap as well as lots of other fruit and veg. I love going to markets/swapmeets.

Anonymous said...

fresk = fresh (of course :))
Congrats on your purchases!

Eleanor said...

I love carboot/garage sales - I've achieved fantastic buys at some.