Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tuesday, 19th September

I had lunch with J and her colleagues at Sweet and Savoury again. What a gem this restaurant is. It is so clean and pleasant and the food is fabulous. Beautifully cooked, with perfect blending of spices and tastes. The owners take great pride in their restaurant and you can sense this as soon as you walk in. Their tables, cutlery and even placemats are squeakingly clean, their floors sparkle, there is no lingering smell of grease (as in many other restaurants), and their condiment dishes are spotless and greasefree. Perfect for a clean freak like me. 10 out of 10 for cleanliness and more for their food.

I had their fabulous Nyonya Laksa, strands of vermicelli in a spicy, coconut broth, with kafir lime leaves, lemon grass and I love the blob of belachan on top. I always add at least 3 to 4 teaspoons of chilli paste to add the extra bite. I looove spicy food.



J's colleagues shared a Tom Yum Soup with Stuffed Tofu. I tried the soup and it was another winner. The prawn stock which was the base of the soup was amazing and together with coconut milk and other spices, the soup was amazingly tasty. I'll have that the next time I go.

I was still hungry after this so I shared a beef soto with J. Bounced back to the office all fat and happy after that feeding.

No comments: