Friday, September 08, 2006

Thursday, 7th September 2006

Mark & Hazel's dinner

Roast chicken with Caramelized Onion Gravy
(sorry, no pic of the gravy)




Creamy Mashed Buttery Potatoes



My dinner

Grilled Salmon Steak



Recipe

Wash and scale and pat dry salmon.
Make marinade : Sliced shallots and garlic, parsley, mixed herbs, salt & black pepper, squeeze of lime juice, dab of butter, olive oil
Spread marinade over fish
Put under hot grill for 7 to 8 minutes - do not turn.
Wait for it to cool slightly if you can bear it and eat!

If I may say so, it was quite good - the salmon was sweet and fresh, the topping had charred slightly and the dollop of mash went perfectly well with everything. Don't be alarmed by the oil, it was so light and flavourful, with a slight tartness, it was almost a sauce on its own. Perfect with some lightly toasted crusty bread..



p.s. I know, I know, what on earth am I doing serving and eating from a lid? hehe - I think it's hightime for some decent ovenproof dishes at the next sale.

No comments: