Friday, September 01, 2006

Saturday, 24th December 2005

Christmas comes but once a year.

Here are my kids basting last year's Christmas turkey. Henri sent me the baster (from Lakeland) which looks like a giant syringe? It has a clear tempered glass tube with a big yellow plastic knob at the end. When you squeeze the knob (!), it draws up pan juices, position over the meat, squeeze again and there you go, easy basting.... This pic was taken when the turkey was ready and is now resting before being carved. The turkey took a whole hour to carve and I was helped by Mum who held up my hair and mopped my face with kitchen towels and Wm who fed me red wine.

It's not been a year since last Christmas but M & H have changed so much in looks, shape and personalities.



Taste test...

No comments: