Saturday, September 16, 2006

Friday, 15th September 2006

Kiddies gone avisiting their grandparents some 90 kms away. I went looking for roasting pans and cutlery but didn't buy any - with the ongoing BGS, I'm leaving all my options open. Later spent the entire afternoon lounging around, reading magazines and my old cookbooks, drinking tea, channel surfing and internet, in my oldest comfiest clothes. Emerged at 5.30 pm to cook this. French Beans with Tomato Sauce. It's best eaten cold, with steaks, roasts or pasta, or as a salad or side dish.



Recipe

Beans
1 white onion diced
8 cloves garlic chopped finely
Tin of tomatoes
Parsley, basil, oregano, mixed herbs, salt & black pepper
dash of sugar

Top and tail beans and cut into two on the diagonal.
Fry garlic and onions in plenty of olive oil, but do not brown.
Add seasoning and herbs.
Add tin tomatoes (I used S & W chopped tomatoes with roasted garlic)
Add half a tin of water. Simmer gently.
When tomato sauce has reduced, add beans and cook till they are wilted and soft and sauce has thickened considerably.
Put into a dish with cover and refrigerate overnight.
Here it is - yummy!

No comments: