Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday, 1st September 2006

POTATOES! I want potatoes! These delicious crunchy potatoes were first parboiled and drained, then they were coated with olive oil, butter, salt & pepper, breadcrumbs, parsley and minced garlic. I fried/roasted them in my Dutch oven. Here they are just before serving, crispy on the outside and tender and fluffy in the middle. Perfect drenched with gravy from an accompanying roast....



Today's cooking tip, if I ever were to start dispensing these, would be, "Do not be meek with seasoning". I like my food, rich, robust and tasty, and am very liberal with salt & pepper and seasonings when I cook. After all, they are here to enhance tastes, and to turn simple humble ingredients into almost gastronomical works of wonder.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally, totally agree. What's the point of making food only to have to add more seasonings to it when you start eating? I just go nuts with the salt, pepper, whatever else I'm cooking with; I earned a bit of a reputation in the old house for being a bit of a pepper freak...

Very very jealous of the pics of beef stew. Mmmm peppercorns...