Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thursday, 1st June 2006


M turns 12 tomorrow,
I'm happy and sad at the same time -
my little boy is growing up so quickly.
I can't believe I was lying in the local hospital
after a failed induction earlier in the day,
almost 12 years ago today.

On 2nd June 1994,
I was again induced at around 10 am and by 11 am,
had thrown up in panic once
and rushed into the labour room.
I think I must have made quite a lot of fuss as the doctor asked the nurses
"distressed baby?"
the nurses said, "No, distressed mother!!!"
After a lot of fuss, panic, tears and fantastic gas and air,
M was born at 2.xx pm -
the loveliest, cutest, roundest, sweetest, huggyiest baby
I've ever seen.

Here he is at 2 weeks old.

Happy birthday, M!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha I remember that rattle!! Isn't it still lying around the house somewhere? Or did we sell it during a garage sale?

Happy Birthday M! Can't believe it's been 12 years already...I feel so old.

Eleanor said...

We still have that Paddy rattle!! We're going to TH tomorrow night for his birthday dinner. Look out for food pics.... There'll be cake & doughnuts at home after dinner.