Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sunday, 12th November 2006

Woke early in an attempt to beat the crowd at the bi-annual and what I declare, the most eagerly awaited boot sale of the year, at ISB. Mark and I arrived at 6.50 am and when we arrived, we saw about 100 people had beaten us to it, and the crowd almost 6 deep at some stalls. Undeterred we dove straight in and found some treasures.

Mark bought an almost new Monopoly set for $10 with every piece complete and accounted for, a Trivial Pursuit (travel edition) for $2 and a box of Dominoes for $1. I bought 25 magazines from this year at $10 for the lot and some books. Found a Mr Potato (complete with eyes, ears, arms, hat, glasses, moustache and shoes) for Hazel at $2.00. And I scored a Jim Thompson silk evening purse for $5.00 (brand new)!! Have I mentioned that I love boot sales? Yes, I think I have!

Here are 4 happy campers who played Monopoly from 11 am to 9 pm with breaks in between. Hazel declared bankruptcy at around 2 pm while Dom 'owned' that day.

No comments: