Saturday, April 29, 2006

Friday, 28th April 2006



J & I had lunch at Excapade, a Japanese restaurant. We went there as both of us had not been for the longest time and also J's credit card enabled its holders to a 30% discount for this month only at that restaurant. Never give up a good offer, that's our motto (cheesy). Anyway, between two healthy women with robust appetites, we had:

1. Half order of salmon sashimi (very nice, it was served on a bed of crushed ice)
2. 3 plates of assorted sushi ( I hate avocados so picked them out for J )
3. An order of soybeans in their shells (edamame), it comes with a light dusting of salt and it was yummy
4. A seafood teppanyaki ( a biggish piece of salmon fillet, 2 mussels, 4 prawns, 2 faux scallops, 4 rings of squid on a bed of mixed vegs - asparagus, corn, carrots, red & white cabbage , leeks & mushrooms)
5. Garlic rice
6. Agadashi Tofu
7. Deep fried crabmeat stuffed into its shell - my favourite

The bill came up to a mighty B$15 for each of us! Here are 2 pics. You can tell that I like my wasabi. I spent half of lunch in floods of tears.



No comments: