Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Weds, 25th October 2006

Not tidying up again! Today, I tackled my glassware cabinet and cupboard where I keep photographs, cookbooks, spare decor items, wrapping paper/ribbons, wire and stuff, cards. I found this in the photographs basket - it's a recipe for a baked cheesecake, from quite a well known place. The cake is very very rich and dense and the ingredients are simple and the results are guaranteed - if I can make this, so can anyone as I can't bake to save my life!

I am definitely not a hoarder but sometimes I am surprised at the things I find while I am having a good old clean out.

For those with eagle eyes, you will notice the date on the fax as April 1988. That kind of explains the yellowed piece of doc you see here.

The next piece of paper I found was a recipe for Caesar Salad dressing, also from a well known place. It was written after watching them make it tableside, one evening, a very, very long time ago.

3 tbs garlic
1 tbs anchovies
1 tbs mustard
(mix together)
2 egg yolks
tobasco
juice of half a lemon
lea & perrins
croutons
bacon bits
parsley
parmesan cheese
olive oil
few dash vinegar
black pepper

After egg yolks, add olive oil in a stream, mixing all the time. Add vinegar, tobasco & lea/perrins. Then croutons, bacon, parsley, pepper. Break up croutons.

That does not sound too terribly difficult, does it?

No comments: